[TYPO3-Solr] Problem with solr search

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Jul 1 07:22:58 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 30-6-2013 19:37, Stefan Kruse wrote:
> thanks for reply. You are right, when I enter zoll* then its found. But is
> there a way to do this automaticly for the search form? When somebody
> entered zoll that he get everything with zoll without the * or is there no
> chance?

I haven't found such an option yet with the solr extension. If you use
the auto complete function the your visitors will see the words from the
search index that start with the letters they have typed. That will help
them with selecting the right search term.

The question is if adding a "*" is useful in all cases. Suppose you
enter "agentur" as search term. Would you want to find "Zollagentur"
too? In those cases you need to have a way to split compound words into
parts.

> Is it really necessary to use the german-common-nouns.txt file or is
> there a way to turn this function off, to test if the result changes without
> this funtction.

I'm not sure what you mean here. The "german" core that is supplied with
EXT:solr is configured to use the words in this file to split compound
words into individual words during indexing.

If you used this 'german' core on the solr server it would already find
"zollspedition" if you search for "zoll" ("zoll" is in the
german-common-nouns.txt file that comes with EXT:solr).

It's always better to use the core of the language of your site because
there are other settings in that core that are specific for that language.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!