[TYPO3-Solr] Problem: the same page appears twice in search results

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Feb 27 16:10:39 CET 2013

Hi,

On 27-2-2013 14:54, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Indexing this page leads to two entries in the solr index with the
> following data:
[...]
> When the user from group 68 searches for words, solr shows him both
> instances of the same page. The customer (of course) says there should
> be only one.
>
> We probably can get rid of the issue by setting groups to 68 for all
> content elements on this page.  But it would be hard to explain the
> customer why he should do so in future.
>
> Is this a known issue? How to avoid it?

I've come across the same problem quite a while ago. It is indeed caused
by a content element that has limited access set to it.
In such cases more than one version of the document (each with different
fe_groups or virtual groups) is indexed by solr. Both documents will
show up in the results (they are different documents for solr).

It was reported to Ingo and also investigated a bit by him, but if I
remember correctly it didn't have much priority.
A solution could be that solr would be told somehow to only produce
results with unique URLs. There seem to be possibilities in solr to do
that, but I haven't looked into them.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member