[TYPO3-Solr] Massive performance problem with mountpoints in backend

Stephan Vidar vidvid at freakmail.de
Thu Aug 1 13:31:37 CEST 2013

Hi all,

In a project we use many mountpoints (around 70) to represent certain
structures. The page tree looks like this (extract):

Root
|-- ...
|-- Categorys
|  |-- Group 1
|     |-- MP 1.1 (MountPoint to PID 7)
|     |-- MP 1.2 (MountPoint to PID 7)
|     |-- ...
|  |-- Group 2
|     |-- MP 2.1 (MountPoint to PID 7)
|     |-- MP 2.2 (MountPoint to PID 7)
|     |-- ...
|  |-- ...
|-- Content (PID 7)
|  |-- Directory
|     |-- A
|        |-- Page 1
|           |-- Page 1.1
|           |-- Page 1.2
|     |-- B
|     |-- ...
|-- ...

If I change any page or content-element within the page tree of
"content" (PID 7) the response time goes up strongly - sometimes with
Server Error 500. Due to the mountpoints (around 70) the index queue is
filled with every action with about 70 entries. This and the related
background actions are the reason for loss of performance.

I don't need the consideration of the mountpoints! It would be quite
sufficient if the pages to their proper location in page tree of page
"content" (PID 7) would be indexed. Does anyone know of a way to prevent
the iteration of mountpoints? Or exclude parts of the page tree?

I urgently need a solution - if nothing else then a dirty solution

Thx so much, Stephan