[TYPO3-Solr] Use replicated Solr servers

Peter Beernink p.beernink at drecomm.nl
Wed Sep 26 16:32:19 CEST 2012

Hi,

I've got a load-balanced/fail-over TYPO3 environment which runs both the
website as the database in a replicated setup.
In this environment I want to include the Solr, which also needs to run
in a multiple-server setup.
As I'm thinking about the master-slave setup of Solr to accomplish this
I was wondering whether anybody knows if it is possible to somehow
configure the TYPO3 Solr extension to use one server for update and
commits and a different server to perform the actual search?
This would make it possible to send all updates etc to the master and
perform the search queries on a 'local' slave.

Thanks in advance,
Peter