[TYPO3-Solr] enableFields / starttime problem with records

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Mon Nov 19 13:56:34 CET 2012

Hi all,

I did some resarch about the starttime issue in the indexer and garbage
collector code.

I think there might be some logic problem with it that prevents records
with starttime from staying in the index under certain circumstances.

As far as I understood the code, this the actual situation (2.7.1 EAP
version - same for 2.8.0 I think) is as follows:

1) Index Queue Indexer will put a record with starttime in future into
the index upon first saving of the record
2) With starttime set in the future, an editor might work on the record
and save it again
3) Upon saving (updating) the record, the garbage collector jumps in an
removes the record from the index and the index queue
4) The record won't be touched anymore and the set start time will pass
5) Record will be shown in frontend by its plugin but won't be found
via solr search

My question now (if I understood and displayed the process correctly
here) - is there an existing way to get the record into the index when
its starttime has passed?

Or, what would be the best approach to fix this?

Regards,
Jochen