[TYPO3-Solr] Installation

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Nov 13 12:10:27 CET 2012

Hi,

On 13-11-2012 11:53, Xaver Maierhofer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I missed the session on TYPO3 camp in Munich. But I want to setup a solr
> search and tried a lot of things, but nothing was working.
> (Notice: I'm no tomcat fan)
>
> Tested on/with:
>
> Environment(s):
> 2x Debian 64 bit squeeze
>
> Installation scripts (tried):
> - debian without tomcat (stable - preferred)
> - with tomcat (stable/git)
> - multisetup (not needed on first site) (stable)
>
> Java
> Primary Sun, but I would prefer OpenJDK more (It isn't recommended)

Did you try to run on of the install scripts in resources/shell in the
solr extension? It installs tomcat and solr for you, configures them for
use with the solr extension.
The only thing you should install are the OS and Java.

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-solr/wiki/Setup_on_*NIX
gives you some information on how to stop/start Tomcat, how to autostart
it on Debian, etc.
However, the install script should be able to download and configure
Tomcat and Solr for you.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member