[TYPO3-Solr] SOLR without allow_url_fopen

Jonas Götze jonnsn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 17:06:30 CET 2012

Hi list,

what is the current status about using the SOLR extension while having
allow_url_fopen off?
I read something about that there is a CURL fallback, but I get:
"allow_url_fopen must be enabled in php.ini to allow communication
between TYPO3 and the Apache Solr server. Indexing pages using the Index
Queue will also not work with this setting disabled."
in Reports in the TYPO3 cms backend.

Is or will there be a solution to get the extension Index Queue Indexing
working with allow_url_fopen off?

Thanks for clarification!

Regards,
Jonas