[TYPO3-Solr] Excerpt field

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 19:29:33 CET 2012

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
> What are you trying to do?

We have a custom indexer. There are many database fields. We assemble the
content from them. Part of the content contains information that should be
searchable but it does not make sense when it is displayed in the excerpt.
We need to hide it (customer's wish) but it should still be indexed.

May be, we could use an additional dynamic field for the "hidden" data? I
believe the excerpt is created from the content field only. Is this correct?

> You could enable highlighting, that uses and shortens the content field.
> You can also use the teaser field in you template instead of the content
> field. The teaser is field is created from the content field
> automatically and cut off after the first 300 characters.
>
> Alternatively you can of course index a separate field exactly to your
> liking and use that in your template.

But we still need a proper excerpt.

--
Dmitry Dulepov