[TYPO3-Solr] Dynamic addition of Cores in multiple cores setup?

Lars Dyhr lars at dycon.dk
Tue Jan 31 13:23:57 CET 2012

Does anyone know if it is

1) possible to add cores dynamically in a multiple core setup
- using the Solr CoreAdmin CREATE action I guess
Ref: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin#CREATE

OR

2) possible to run a multi-domain TYPO3 install with multiple trees
with one core (per language)?
- using the siteHash only to filter results
Ref: http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-project-solr/2011-August/000519.html

Experience and or advice with above is much appreciated.

Background: We are implementing a large freesite inspired installation
and add domains to this installation on the fly (all just with one
language), and would thus like to have the Solr search work without
having to do manual configuration. And we just can't seem to decide if
this is at all possible. I have outlined the two solutions that I can
think of above - but would they work?