[TYPO3-Solr] Does the indexQueue respect start/stop time of records

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Jan 30 12:29:21 CET 2012

Am 27.01.12 17:43, schrieb Peter Kraume:

Hi Peter,

> I'd like to use the indexQueue for a extension where most of the records
> have start/stop fields set.
>
> Does the indexQueue respect these fields? Are expired records deleted
> automatically from the Solr index?

Unfortunately these fields are not supported yet. We once tried to
implement support, but it didn't work out. It seems there's something
missing on the Solr side of things. We have backported a patch from Solr
4.0 to 3.6 which should/could help here. So this change will be in Solr
3.6 and then we can have a look at start/stop time fields again.

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com