[TYPO3-Solr] Quick Info about Apache Solr for TYPO3 Extension Version 2.0 .0

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Thu Feb 23 20:57:17 CET 2012

Hi all,

Just a quick info about the release made today to the TER.

This version sets a great milestone on our way to an upcoming

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/solr/current/

If you are upgrading an existing installation be aware:

* This version will need Apache Solr Server 3.5.x
* You will need the new access filter plugin
* It will require TYPO3 4.5.x or higher
* There is no frontend indexing anymore
* All indexing is done by the indexing queue (you will love this!)
* Lots of changes in the typoscript parts

More hints:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-solr/wiki/V130_to_v200

Read the Changelog
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-solr/repository/entry/trunk/ChangeLog

Find needed documentation on the FORGE Wiki:

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-solr/wiki

Have a look the satelite projects too:

Apache Tika for TYPO3
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/tika/current/

Solr Boutique (Demo Extension: Use it with a Introduction Package)
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/solr_boutique/current/
Check the Tutorial in T3N Mag:
http://t3n.de/magazin/typo3-extension-apaches-solr-server-typo3-umgebung-nutzen-229610/

For those installing it from scratch.
Check if your hoster offers an Apache Solr Service.

This two german hosters do:

JWEILAND
http://jweiland.net/typo3/solr/solr-bestellen.html

Mittwald
http://www.mittwald.de/webhosting/solr-hostingtarife/

If you have your own server or seek paid support
http://www.typo3-solr.com/en/services/setup/

Look at the great new install.sh to install a fresh Solr Server

Feel free to ask questions in this mailinglist!

Best regards,

Olivier on behalf of Apache Solr for TYPO3 Team.

PS: I will be inquiring for your projects made with Apache Solr for
TYPO3 in the coming weeks. We would like to present them at:
http://www.typo3-solr.com/en/solr-for-typo3/showcases/

* All trademarks are owned by their respective owners.