[TYPO3-Solr] How to handle changes on related values

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Dec 27 06:13:15 CET 2012

Am 10.10.12 09:12, schrieb Stephan Schuler:

Hi Stephan,

> We have several index queue configurations where a single solr document is not only related to a single TYPO3 record but a couple of records. And we have some index queue configurations with relations to other stuff then only files or records.

> Is there a solution for that problem?

It's a known issue, and maybe even a bit advanced already. I've come
across this too already but couldn't think about an easy and transparent
solution yet...

Maybe the reference index could be used here? Let's say with the
indexing configuration you could specify other tables to watch too. Then
when a record of that related table is changed the record monitor would
use the ref index to find records of the original table that could be
affected by the change and update the Index Queue accordingly...

What do you think?

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com