[TYPO3-Solr] Stopwords

Bernhard Kraft kraft at web-consulting.at
Thu Dec 6 08:37:14 CET 2012

Hello !

Recently I had a problem with stopwords. I found that one of the words
shouldn't be a stopword. So I removed it from the stopword list and
reindexed the whole page.

Do you think it is a good idea to have TYPO3 solr filter out the
stopwords already at indexing? When the stopword filtering is only done
during search requests, one can easily add/remove stopwords without
reindexing the whole content.

I tried removing the stopword factory configuration from the "indexing"
section of the solr xml config and it worked quite well.

This would even allow searches for whole sentences like in google using
quotes. For example I once looked for a song from which I only
remembered the line:
"I don't know where your father is but your daddy is in Detroit"

Most of the words in this sentence are stopwords, except "know, father,
daddy, Detroit". And you can assume you don't find anything for this on
google. But by using the "quotes" around the search query I could locate
some results - telling me it is a mix from some DJ ... So sadly I
couldn't find the track until now :(

greetings,
Bernhard