[TYPO3-Solr] Fatal error in solr with some search words

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 29 10:36:53 CEST 2012

Hi,

With some search terms I received the query fail message (incorrect
search terms). I investigated further because this word was certainly in
the indexed data.
Using the admin interface and a simple query content:<searchword> 9
results showed up.
Using the query from Solr (thanks devlog :-) ) I got the error:

HTTP Status 500 -
org.apache.lucene.search.highlight.InvalidTokenOffsetsException: Token
<searchword> exceeds length of provided text sized 25

I found a few bug reports about this, the main one is

The problem seems to be with the HTMLStripCharFilter which is used for
highlighting. This is apparently solved with

Is it possible to somehow use this fix with solr <schema
name="tx_solr-2-5-0--20120214" version="1.4"> ? Is there an easy upgrade
possible to a newer version which is still compatible with this EXT:solr
and the indexes?

--
Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.