[TYPO3-Solr] Starttime/Endtime of pages and records

dominik_solr at yahoo.de dominik_solr at yahoo.de
Wed Aug 15 12:33:22 CEST 2012

At first I want to say thank you for this extension. Keep up the great work.

Working
 with the extension for some time now I found out that the endtime of
pages and records is ignored when searching although it is described
differently here:
http://www.typo3-solr.com/en/solr-for-typo3/development-model/indexing/enable-fields-support/

I did some futher searches and found the following entry in the bugtracker http://forge.typo3.org/issues/29850
As
 stated there open end ranges were not supported by Solr prior to
version 4.0 and a backport to Solr 3.x was mentioned as a possible
solution.
There is a reference to the Lucene bugtracker
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-995 which states that the
problems concerning open end ranges are fixed for Solr 3.6 and
4.0-Alpha.

Is it possible to use Solr
 3.6 with the current version 2.2.2 of the TYPO3 "solr" extension or are there any compatibility issues?
Would
 reenabling starttime and endtime filters in
class.tx_solr_pi_results.php be sufficient to enable starttime and
endtime support while searching?

By the way is there any recommended setting for php memory_limit and the number of documents to index (index queue worker)?

With kind regards,
Dominik