[TYPO3-Solr] Search external data

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 10:32:23 CEST 2011

Hi!

Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> create if possible a indexer within the TYPO3 Extension.

We just hit similar question at Snowflake (Solr sponsor). Is there a
documentation about creating indexers? We created an external indexer about
a year ago but we had to reverse engineer Solr ext source code first to
understand how to create Solr docs.

I see that Solr ext has changed a lot since that time. We have to either
use the old version (which we already know and have the indexer code for)
or use a newer version. If we use a newer version, we either need docs or
another reverse engineering round. I would prefer docs, of course ;) Can
you point us to their location? We have to make a decision about our ways
this week.

--
Dmitry "itoldyou" Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member