[TYPO3-Solr] Solr- Configuration

Tomas Norre Mikkelsen tomasnorre at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 08:33:52 CEST 2011

Hi,

Thanks for your time.

I'm writting down my little how to, while installing and configurating,
will be have to share when installation completed.

On 2011-09-14 23:33, Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> Am 14.09.11 20:48, schrieb Tomas Norre Mikkelsen:
>> I've done following:
>>
>> * Installed Solr (tomcat) at external-host (from svn)
>
> Can you reach the Solr Server thru http://www.yourhost.com:8080/solr/ ?

Yes

> Have you used the Installscript to install a Tomcat yourself?

I used the: solr/resources/shell/install-solr.sh (from svn)

>> * Marked my root-page
>> * Configured plugin.tx_solr.solr.* at root-page
>
> Have you entered the Configuration to reach your Solr Server?
> Does the Reportmodule indicate that TYPO3 is able to connect to the Solr
> Server?

I have following config:

plugin.tx_solr.solr.scheme = http
plugin.tx_solr.solr.host = 192.168.1.191
plugin.tx_solr.solr.port = 8080
plugin.tx_solr.solr.path = /solr/core_en/

The report module, all entries on solr are green..

>> Any hints on what i did wrong?

> Have you search marker in your template?

Yes, normally used indexed_search to begin / end-markers are in template.

> Can you install devlog to see

When trying to click the different buttons in "Search"-module, its only
"Empty index and commit" which gives a failurer in devlog. But the page
says: "Index emptied." With green checkmark.

See attachment for error [empty_index_and_delete.png]

> OK. Vital Info for Server please.

Don't know which info you are looking for.

The server is a virtual server on my local-setup, Unbuntu 11.04, with
tomcat/solr installed from installed script.

Can you be more specific in server info? and will gladly inform you.

--
Venlig Hilsen / Best Regards
Tomas Norre Mikkelsen
Tomasnorre at gmail.com