[TYPO3-Solr] Find word parts

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Thu Oct 20 11:06:50 CEST 2011

Am 19.10.11 15:34, schrieb Rik Willems:

> It does look like what I want although it looks complicated too. There
> must be a more simple way to do this (hopefully). In short I'd like to
> replicate SQL behaviour of LIKE '%word%'. Do I need all this config and
> wordlists to get this?

hi rik.

i think this is moment when you will start to read the "how lucene and
solr works" :-)

trust me. the problem you are describing is not trivial. you can use
edismax to do partial word search. but you will need to teach solr to
tokenize the compound words into single words that you can actually
search on.

i would say as daniel has explained how to configure solr, you should
give it a try. :-)

olivier