[TYPO3-Solr] Indexer stops working after a while

Daniel Vogt daniel.vogt at kitd.com
Tue Oct 18 09:52:18 CEST 2011

Hi Olivier,

>> While trying to setup issues concerning indexing of dynamically created
>> pages, the indexer doesn't longer do his job.
> what are dynamically pages?

What I mean is a page that is showing the content dependent to certain
GET parameters. The page is a product detail page which has several
subparts such as specs, features and so on. The subparts have the same
page id. The embedded self-made FE extension reads the GET params, gets
the appropriate content from a DB table and displays that content.

>> This behaviour appeared
>> several times now and even a solr restart (Jetty) didn't help.
>> Strangely, the next day in the morning, it was working without any
>> changes in beween. Is there an indexing-counter-limit per day or
>> something like that? Or is the solr restart not working as it is expected?
> did you commit your updates to the index?
> did you see this setting in solrconfig.xml?
>
> <updateHandler class="solr.DirectUpdateHandler2">
> 		<autoCommit>
> 			<maxDocs>100</maxDocs>
> 			<maxTime>3600000</maxTime>
> 		</autoCommit>
> 	</updateHandler>
>
> olivier

The maxDocs setting is already set to 1, so it schould commit each time
the page is called.

Update: Unfortunately SOLR is still not getting a request from the TYPO3
extension. Can it be any cache setting issue???

Daniel