[TYPO3-Solr] Solr + Tika + TYPO3

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Tue May 24 20:42:59 CEST 2011

Am 21.05.11 00:10, schrieb Paulo Miranda:

> Hi people.

Hi Paulo,

> First of all, I would like to congratulate those who are developing the
> EXT: Solr: a great extension!

Thanks for your feedback, we are happy to hear that!

> I run a site with TYPO3 4.3.17 and have made some tests with EXT:Solr
> for indexing/searching page, news and files. Regarding the extensions
> available in TER (Solr 1.3.0 and Tika 1.0.1), I would like to post some
> questions:
>
> - Solr 1.3.0 and Tika 1.0.1 doesn't index/search news and files, right!?

that is correct. you can use tika extension for dam to extract text
information.

> - Is there any date for releasing of Solr 2.0?

please have a look at:

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-solr/roadmap

we will release once financing / sponsoring is final.

> - Would be possible to get a Dev-version of Solr 2.0?

please have a look at our explanation about the EAP.

http://www.typo3-solr.com/en/solr-for-typo3/development-model/

> - How Solr clean the index when a page is removed/turned off/searching
> denied?

this feature will be released in a future version and is part of the EAP
at the moment.

Olivier

PS: We send you a White-Paper if you DM with your contact details.