[TYPO3-Solr] "Normal" Frontend Indexing completely removed in 2.0.0-dev?

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Dec 13 10:22:22 CET 2011

Am 12.12.11 16:24, schrieb Jochen Rieger:

Hi Jochen,

> haven't tested it yet but I was wondering if the frontend indexing is
> completely removed in the new dev version?

Yes, that's the case, there's no more FE indexing in 2.0

> If I understand the wiki and threads in this mailing list correctly,
> each and every plugin used in a website would have to be configured for
> the queue and depending on the odds of the data maybe even an own
> indexer has to be written for each plugin / data table?

This is correct, but configuration is very easy, just give it a try.

> Or is there also a way to still use the frontend indexing for detail
> view pages / pages with more than one view?

Trust me if I say you don't want to do FE indexing for single views of
records. Using the Index Queue you get a lot more control over your data
and how it is indexed so that you can easily use features like
facetting, which you couldn't with FE indexing...

If you have any questions regarding the Index Queue just let us know here.

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com