[TYPO3-Solr] Overload ext_autoload value

Peter Ruijter peter.ruijter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 16:48:11 CEST 2011

Hi List,

I want to overload a file from the SolrPhpClient library inside the Solr
extension.
I thought creating a simple ext_autoload file inside my own extension and
install this one after the Solr extension installation would solve the
problem, but my custom file was not loaded.

My ext_autoload.php has the following content:

$extensionPath = t3lib_extMgm::extPath('my_solr');
return array(
 // SolrPhpClient
'apache_solr_service' => $extensionPath . 'lib/Service.php',
);

"my_solr" Is installed and the cache is cleared, but my Service.php isn't
leading.

The autoload function of Typo3 is a really nice and easy way to include
classes of an extension, but if this means that it isn't possible to
overwrite non Typo3 classes I would advise the T3 Solr team to not include
the Apache classes this way.

Does anyone know how to solve this challenge?

--

Best regards

Peter Ruijter
*Peter Industries*