[TYPO3-Solr] Cores needed per site and per language?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 13 14:32:16 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 13-8-2011 11:37, Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> Am 13.08.11 08:42, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
>> Which is correct?
> "one index (core) per language and/or environment".
>
> lets say you have a multisite and multilanguage setup (one tree
> standard) then you can use each language core for every site with the
> same language.
>
> we have introduced the sitehash to separate the different site in the
> same solr core.

Sorry to ask again, but I want to absolutely sure:

For different sites within the same TYPO3 installation which have the
same language I can share the same solr core?

And what about different TYPO3 installations?

Example:
- TYPO3 installation A
-- domain example1.org: English, German, Dutch
-- domain example2.net: English, Dutch
- TYPO3 installation B
-- domain example3.org: English, German

Which solr cores would you recommend?