[TYPO3-Solr] Tika setup problem

John Kitson john.kitson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 22:46:39 CET 2010

Hello,

I am having problems getting the Tika document indexer working. I have done
the following:

* installed the Tika extension (v.1.0.1)
* uploaded the compiled Jar file to my fileadmin
* installed Java on the server (IcedTea - not sure if this version of Java
is the problem?)
* set the correct Tika path in the extension config

I have cleared the configuration cache and looked in the reports module and
it is telling me that the configuration is incomplete.

In DAM > Tools > Services Info this configuration problem is confirmed.

When I run the Jar file at the command line, it is able to view/index the
file contents, so I know it works at that level.

Have I missed a configuration step - e.g. do I need to compile a module into
Apache?

Many thanks,

John