[TYPO3-Solr] Indexing own extensions...

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu May 27 23:06:35 CEST 2010

With great interest I attended the solr session in Dallas,thanks Ingo!

And decided to try this out on my wife's hobby project (http://
www.cocktailsoftheworld.com/) see top right search.

Installation was a breeze, except that the automated download script
(install.sh) didn't work, what I did instead us I downloaded the solr
instance here : http://download.nextag.com/apache/lucene/solr/1.4.0/

Installed, copied the config file as found under resources/solr/,
installe dthe extension like documented, write a little wget script to
crawl the site and off I was...

After the complete site was indexed I did notice that solr didn't find
any data that was managed by the extension that manages the cocktails.
Now, I noticed that in schema.xml a description of the a page record is
put, should I add something like that for my own extension? If now, what
could be a reason that my own extension doesn't show up in the index?

My extensions output does appear within the <!--TYPO3SEARCH_XXX--> tags.

Ries