[TYPO3-Solr] Tomcat or Jetty?

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Aug 5 12:55:47 CEST 2010

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

> why would I want to bloat my Apache with "Tomcat" if there is Jetty
> available? Any concerns about using Jetty as the engine where Solr runs
> on? Anyone running this combination (Apache+PHP for TYPO3, Jetty for
> Solr) can give us insight of if it was a good or bad decision?

actually there is one downside to using Jetty - if you want to call it
that way at least...

The extension comes with an automated install script which downloads
everything needed (Tomcat + Solr + config files) and puts them in the
right places, ready to go.

With Jetty you'd need to do all that yourself. But if you do so, please
feel free to document that in the wiki
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-solr/wiki or provide an
install script for Jetty.

all the best, have fun with Solr!