[TYPO3-Solr] solr configuration

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Tue Aug 3 14:55:32 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I'm looking into the solr extensions which looks really powerful. Now I
have a question regarding the configuration. It is not possible to have
multiple solr plugins on one page with different templates (i.e.) a
default searchbox in the header).

When you look at the code of function initialize in class pi_results you
see this:
$this->conf = array_merge(
     $this->conf,
     $GLOBALS['TSFE']->tmpl->setup['plugin.']['tx_solr.']
);

So everything that is put into plugin.tx_solr will overwrite anything
that is send to the plugin through the normal way. Is there a specific
reason for this?

Thanks for any answer/insight!

Rik

PS: I posted in typo3.dev as well. Jigal suggested to post here as well,
hence the x-post.