[TYPO3-Solr] extending the index scope

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed Dec 9 14:15:38 CET 2009

Pim Snel wrote:

Hi Pim,

> I thought it would work this way. U investigated your mailing list
> search a little and I think you are using tx_solrnntp hooked in the
> solr-extension. Is that right?

This works a little different. EXT:solrnntp is a scheduler task that
fetches newsgroup articles directly from the list server, converts them
to Solr documents and sends them to the Solr server on its own.

> I would like to know how I can hook my extensions into EXT:solr. I must
> index tt_news and the content of cwt_community for a customer. If I had
> an example I think I could manage to write the solr_extenions.

Just check the indexer class in EXT:solr/classes. There's a method
indexPage() with two hooks at its end. These should help you to index
other records than just pages.

> I guest the indexing Queue is a more generic approach and not usable
> this moment?

yes, the indexing queue will (hopefully) allow you to index arbitrary
types of record just by configuration. Though it's not finished yet.

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner