[TYPO3-seminars] seminars - E-Mail reminder

Nico Deblauwe nico at bluepundit.eu
Tue Apr 8 09:23:12 CEST 2014

Hi Sebastian,

I'm using a separate php script for this purpose that is triggered daily by
a cron-job, and that fetches the information from the attendances, seminars
and fe_user tables.

Important things to take into account:

   - Differentiate between the object_type (0,2 are relevant, but for
   displaying the correct title you'll need to link type-2 records to their
   1-record base)
   - If a user typically registers multiple times (e.g. secretaries
   registering for a whole team), then you might want to group your query for
   all registrations of one person for one event, and list all the "detail"
   info in a table. Otherwise you can send out per registration record.

Currently it is messy code, which grew organically. This is why I rather
not share the source. But I'm planning on improving this in the future, and
what I'm thinking about is (I'm telling you, so you can consider whether
you would want to implement this immediately or not):

   - Make the script more flexible, so it can send out different types of
   e-mails (depending on the seminar-type, but also to be broad enough to send
   a reminder x days before the event and an evaluation request one or two
   days afterwards, ...)
   - Build first with SQL a view that groups all the necessary information
   in one new table (view thus), so I can reduce the complexity of the SELECT
   query - to avoid mistakes and to get rid of the object_type difficulties

If there are some more "good practice lessons" around, feel free to share
guys!

Good luck!

Nico

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Sebastian Schmal <sebastian.schmal at gmx.de>wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> We are looking for an email reminder, which then sent 5 days before an
> email to the user.
> does anyone have a solution?
>
> thanks,
> sebastian
>
> --
>
> TYPO3 - TIPPS - ANLEITUNGEN - NEWS
> unter: http://blog.ingeniumdesign.de/
>
> TYPO3 Webdesign Agentur Wiesbaden - Frankfurt
> unter: http://www.ingeniumdesign.de/
>
> Facebook Fan
> http://www.facebook.com/ingeniumdesign/

 *Nico Deblauwe*
 E-mail: nico at bluePundit.eu *|* Tel: +32 486 84 08 93

 *bluepundit *Comm. V.   webdesign & communicatie
 www.bluepundit.eu *|* Warmoesstraat 145 - 1210 Brussel