[TYPO3-seminars] Is there a way to avoid the double output of the message_willBeAnnounced in the detail view?

Wolfgang info-typodrei at imanic.de
Wed May 15 17:21:48 CEST 2013

Hello brothers, sisters and distant relatives! =)

If the start- and end-date of an event are not set, the output in the detail view is "will be announced - will be announced". This makes sense, if one of the dates ist set (e.g. 24.12.2013 - will be announced). If both are not set one "will be announced" would look a little more elegant. Is there a way to manipulate the output? To suppress the end-date via some mighty TS-code, maybe?

I'm not a real coder - more a solution-oriented try-and-error-/script-(copy&paste)-guy. =)  I have a little code-reading-experience and can make simple changes though. Things like "you could write an extension" wont probably help me too much, but I am not afraid to look in to some PHP-Code and make adjustments there. (I am aware of the EXT-update problems and I wont need a 100% waterproof solution).

With all that said, thank you for your time, insights and suggestions!

Have a good time!

Wolfgang