[TYPO3-seminars] "Could not fetch page data for uid 0" after installation of seminars

Mario Rimann mario.rimann at typo3.org
Mon Jan 14 23:34:20 CET 2013

Hi Jürgen

Am 18.12.12 00:24, schrieb Jürgen Müller:
> I have a problem regarding the seminars-extension in typo3
> v.6.0. After installing the extension via Extension Manager, every time
> I try to save anything or even activate/deactivate content/users in the
> Backend, the following error occurs:
>
> "Could not fetch page data for
> uid 0".
> [...]
> Anybody got a clue, why this is happening and how it can be solved?

I guess it's because seminars is trying to build the rootline for a
given page id. This works fine, unless the page has the uid zero (e.g.
is the root of the tree). In that case, the refactored Rootline-Utility
(a class in the TYPO3 core) is throwing an Exception.

IMHO the exception is correct as by definition, there can't be a
rootline for the root of the tree. But it doesn't help neither...

Please file a bug in the bugtracker at https://bugs.oliverklee.com/ as I
guess the seminars code shall filter this case and not query the
rootline in case uid==0.

(had the same issue with another extension on TYPO 6.0.x)

Cheers,
Mario