[TYPO3-seminars] seminars and TYPO3 v6

Markus Maier markus.maier+news at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:38:19 CET 2013

Hi!

I am currently testing TYPO3 Version 6.0.1 and failed to get semianars
0.9.5 running. Installing the 0.9.73 (linked in an earlier article in this
newsgroup) still caused the problem that ANY change I do in the backend
(e.g. changing something in the template, the content or switching a
backend user on/off) always causes an error ("Could not fetch page data for
uid 0.") Turning on error reporting, I identified the problem in line 51 of
file ...typo3conf/ext/seminars/class.tx_seminars_tcemin.php providing:

> public function __construct() {
> 		parent::init();
> 	}

Since I see no point why EXT:seminars should deal with page id 0, I've made
the following change...

> public function __construct() {
> 		if ($pageId != 0){
> 		parent::init();
> 		} else {
> 		// nothing to do else
> 		}
> 	}

... and all SEEMS to work fine. Is this a valid solution, or will this
cause trouble which I cannot predict (since I am not a programmer) right
now?

Just in case:
PHP Version: 5.3.19-1~dotdeb.0
Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)