[TYPO3-seminars] The specified number of clicks does not correspond to the number of the first and last registration page

Christian Clemens | webzigartig clemens at webzigartig.de
Tue Nov 8 07:27:22 CET 2011

Hi,

I wanted to show the checkbox "terms" in registration form for an event. So
I added "terms" to "plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.showRegistrationFields". It
works, but only on step 2 of registration process: User has to fill out
registration form and go to step 2. On this page he sees an error message at
the top of the form ("Please accept our terms."). At the bottom of the page
the checkbox "terms" is displayed.

My first question: is this a wanted behavior? Displaying checkbox "terms"
only on second page together with an error message? Or is it possible to
show the checkbox already on step 1?

My second question: in fact I don't need a second step in registration form.
But as I described above, it seems to be necessary to display checkbox
"terms". So I added the following to my TS setup to get more than one step:
plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.numberOfFirstRegistrationPage = 1
plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.numberOfLastRegistrationPage = 3
plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.numberOfClicksForRegistration = 3

I first thought, value "2" for lastRegistrationPage would be correct, but I
need a "3" to activate second step of registration process. The main problem
is, that I get a configuration error:

Configuration check warning:
The specified number of clicks does not correspond to the number of the
first and last registration page. Please correct the values of
numberOfClicksForRegistration, numberOfFirstRegistrationPage or
numberOfLastRegistrationPage. A not properly configured setting will lead to
a misleading number of steps, shown on the registration page.

The only combination to avoid this error message is:
plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.numberOfFirstRegistrationPage = 2
plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.numberOfLastRegistrationPage = 2
plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.numberOfClicksForRegistration = 2

But with this, the terms checkbox is not shown, because step 2 is missing.
What is my mistake?

Could anybody answer this questions?

Regards

Christian