[TYPO3-seminars] Feature Request: select-box for categories

Johann Ecker johann.ecker at gmx.de
Mon Jun 27 20:19:11 CEST 2011

Hello,

there are default search widget options for the list view, like
- country
- city
- place
- eventtype

Unfortunately there is no possibilty to show "categories" as a select-box?

At the moment the "Category List" is in a separate content element on the right. In the middle, the select boxes (Event-type, Country, City) stand for the main navigation.

Design and Usability would be much better if I could integrate a category select box to the other select boxes in the normal column. Just one menu.

I've found a way to add a select-box. But the problem is, that after searching with selected elements the selection/label/flag disappears. The user gets confused. When searching again the results are different because of the missing category-flag.

Btw: This is my test environment: http://www.wsb.ypo3.net/events/

example in frontend.html:

  <select name="tx_seminars_pi1[category]" id="tx_seminars_pi1-category" size="5" multiple="multiple">

    <option value="0">Kategorie Nr 1</option>
    <option value="1">Kategorie Nr 2</option>
    <option value="2">Kategorie Nr 3</option>
    <option value="3">Kategorie Nr 4</option>

  </select>

May I ask a feature request?

And, by the way, very good extension! Thanks! :-)

Johann