[TYPO3-seminars] Changing the confirmation email

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Fri May 28 21:45:07 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 27.05.2010 11:13, schrieb maris at pt.lu:
> I've setup a confirmation email in 'luxembourgish'. Everything works
> fine, except for the ###SALUTATION### and  ###INTRODUCTION### labels.
>
> The SALUTATION label always shows 'Dear' before the name instead of the
> localized string, and in the INTRODUCTION I always have 'on' and 'at'
> for the date and time.
>
> I tried to set the following but without any effect:
>
> plugin.tx_seminars._LOCAL_LANG.default {
>   email_hello_formal_0=Bonjour
>   email_eventDate=vum %s
> }

The salutation is gender-specific (_0 = male, _1 = female, _2 =
unknown). So you need to set all three salutation labels.

These are the time-related labels which you'll also need to define in
your language:

<label index="email_timeFrom">from %s</label>
<label index="email_timeAt">at %s</label>
<label index="email_timeTo">to</label>

> Or how can I include the name of the registrant (front end user name) in
> the confirmation email so that I can create the salutation by myself.

This isn't possible. The salutation is created automagically depending
on formal/informal, the gender and the available parts of the name
(first name, last name, full name).

Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Security Team Member