[TYPO3-seminars] Markers for STARTTIME, STARTDATE, ENDTIME, ENDDATE

Uli Linn u.linn at linnweb.de
Thu Mar 11 16:49:50 CET 2010

Hello!

I did ask this a few month ago with no answer, so I try it again. I
don't think I am the only one with this problem / need:

I have an event, that starts i.e. 24.12.2009 at 10.00 and ends at
26.12.2009 at 14.00

In the detail view it is shown an 24.12.2009 - 26.12.2009 | 10.00 -
14.00  - what makes the users of the website belive, that the event
takes place from 10.00 to 14.00 on each of the three days.

What I need is something like that:
24.12.2009, 10.00 - 26.12.2009, 14.00

I know that there was the suggestion using timeslots in a former post to
a similar question, but there is no fixed start- and endtime on each
day, only the start at the first day and the end at the last day are
fix. Another problem are multi-day timeslots - which i use for a
seminar, that takes place on two or more weekends. And i suppose I
cannot use timeslots within timeslots.

Is there any solution? In the templates and the doku I can only find
markers for "TIME" and "DATE", what would be usefull was a seperate
markers for "STARTTIME", "STARTDATE", "ENDTIME", "ENDDATE" - that would
be much more flexible.

Thank you very much for your help!

Uli Linn