[TYPO3-seminars] IE8 problem with registering

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Thu Jan 28 12:45:20 CET 2010

Hi,

Sacha Storz schrieb:
> I have a problem: Registering for an event works fine for me (Firefox),
> but people with IE8 cannot register. OneTimeAccounts *are* being
> generated (I can see them in the according sysfolder), but no
> corresponding attendances exist, no mails, no nothing. The browser tells
> the visitor that he/she is not logged in, that's it. The problem does
> *not* occur in IE6 (could not test IE7 yet).
>
> Any hint or URL that could help me? Thank you very much.
>
> I use:
> TYPO3 4.3.0
> onetimeaccount 0.6.1

Could you please try whether updating to TYPO3 4.3.1 solves the problem
for you?

Could you also please check that all the related pages are valid (X)HTML
and CSS? When IE8 switches from standards mode to quirks mode due to
broken HTML/CSS, it loses the cookie from the previous session.

If that doesn't help either, could you please file a bug report at
<https://bugs.oliverklee.com/> so this issue doesn't get lost?

If need me to investigate and solve this problem for your site (and you
can spend some money on this), please contact me via personal e-mail.

Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Security Team Member