[TYPO3-project-seminars] Backend: show the seminar-number in list

Niels Pardon typo3_lists at niels-pardon.de
Sat Jan 16 20:23:55 CET 2010

Hi Urs!

Am 16.01.2010 15:34, schrieb Urs Bräm:
> as you're there, and this list is not very active, and you're a
> developer of seminars...

Usually Oliver is quick in answering questions on this list but it seems
he's very busy these days. My time currently is limited, too.

> could I just grab you and ask you some unresolved questions from former
> posts? I really would appreciate an answer very much, even if it's "not
> possible".

Well, it's not very nice to hijack another person's thread :)

> 1. Is it possible to define individual TS-Settings (I need them for the
> registration) for individual seminars (eg. for all seminars based on a
> certain topic)?

It's hard for me to judge whether this is possible or not. It depends on
which TS settings you have in mind.

You can specify an individual details page per event. The details page
could have individual TS settings (like changing the registration PID to
a registration page with individual TS settings). I think that could
help you accomplishing your goal.

> 2. Is there a way to limit records (Topics, Places, Organizers..)
> selectable in the BE module fields (e.g. where I select the place of the
> seminar) to just a certain sysfolder region?
>
> (e.g. all sysfolders below the sysfolder defined in
> plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.pages, which would seem logical to me)?
>
> The reason I need this: I have 2 different uses of seminars in the same
> installation, and I don't want the users of A to select entries made by
> users of B.

I think you can modify the TCA via page TS config. Try changing the
corresponding parts. Or try using the GRSP (General Record Storage Page)
feature.

> 3. Is it possible for FE Editors to enter new seminar dates based on
> topics, or can they just enter basic single entries?

Sorry, can't tell you something regarding that. I'm not experienced that
much with the FE Editor.

Greets,

Niels