[TYPO3-seminars] [TYPO3-project-seminars] specifying storage folders for selecting records

Cathy Stephens cathys8780 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 23:53:23 CET 2010

I have the latest version of seminars (0.8.3) on Typo3 4.2.11.   I am trying
to get the situation described below to work.  I have to two event folders
with their own records (events, data pool, registrations).  If I add an
event to one, I want to only see the choices in the data pool folder (where
we have organizers,categories, semianr sites)  that is associated with that
event folder.  But intead I see all categories, organizers, etc., from both
event folders.

In extension config I have General Reocrd Storage Page unchecked,  Use Page
Browser for Selecting unchecked and Select Topic Records from all Pages
unchecked. And set General Record Storage Page in the Event folder to point
to Topics.  This results in the event topics being restricted to their event
folder but not data pool folders.

Is it possible to keep the Data Pool Folders seperate?

-------------------------
Cathy Stephens

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:05 AM, Oliver Klee
<typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de>wrote:

> Hi Cathy,
>
> Cathy Stephens schrieb:
> > I have seminars setup in two seperate main folders (each at the same
> level
> > in the directory structure) with the intent that they would function
> > individually and not share records between.  They each have their own
> lists,
> > edit page, event data, registrations folders and so on defined through
> > typoscript (each have their own extension template where those values are
> > defined).  They each also have their own data pool folders.
> >
> > Everything works well except that when creating a new event, contents
> from
> > both data pool folders are combined and presented as possible selections.
> > would like to be able to define which data pool folder is used when
> creating
> > events so they don't share content.  Is this possible?
>
> This now is fixed in 0.7.4 and 0.8.0.
>
> Best regards,
>

> Oliver

Cathy Stephens