[TYPO3-seminars] IE8 problem with registering

Rolf Thiele gegenalles at web.de
Mon Feb 8 21:32:44 CET 2010

Hi Oliver,

Am 08.02.2010 um 20:57 schrieb Oliver Klee:
>> If I deactivate IE8's "protected mode" ("geschützter Modus" in
>> German),
>> registration works fine!
>
> What exactly does this mode do?

I'm not really sure as I'm not very familiar with this browser. I
think it's just the security settings, as it has several levels
(ranging from "off" to "high"). There's some short info about the
"protected mode" on http://windows.microsoft.com/de-DE/windows-vista/What-does-Internet-Explorer-protected-mode-do

Strangely enough, it seems like it's mainly supposed to protect users
from malware and ActiveX controls, so I have no idea how it can affect
the registration process.

Kind regards,
Rolf