[TYPO3-seminars] Different single view for events from different categories

Paul Vetch paul.vetch at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Apr 14 11:27:13 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution for the following situation.

We have one site where one 'category' of events is 'External' - that is, an
event that is run by a partner organisation but which is being promoted on
our website too.  In this situation we need some different behaviour in
single view: for example although we don't want to enter a price, or turn on
registration, the default values of 'No registration necessary' and 'free'
are not correct: the end user needs to check a different website for
information about pricing and registration.  On the other hand for events
which aren't 'External' we do need the No registration... and 'free' labels.
Equally we need to be able to list all events together irrespective of their
category, so we can't simply create two separate events lists and handle
them separately in TS.

I suppose what we need then is one of two things:

a) a way using TS to change the LOCAL_LANG values for registration and
'forFree' and 'noRegistrationNecessary' depending on the category of the
currently visible Seminar record;
b) a way to use either specify a different single view template, or a
different PID for single view, depending on category (similar to what is in
the Cal extension I guess).

I realise b) would require extension of tx_seminars, but is a) possible in
single view?  I can't think of a way to do this yet, but I'm wondering if
anyone else has managed something.

Cheers

Paul