[TYPO3-project-seminars] upgrade problems

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Tue Sep 1 12:25:07 CEST 2009

Hi Cathy,

Cathy Stephens schrieb:
>  I upgraded from typo3 4.1.6 to 4.1.12.
> Was using seminars 0.5.3   -  onetimeaccount 0.1.0  -    oelib 0.1.0
[snip]
> What could be causing the logout upon leaving the onetimeaccount and landing
> on the registration page?

The latest TYPO3 bug-fix releases contain changes to the login process
(to fix some security issues) which caused onetimeaccount to not work
anymore in some (not all) cases. We've fixed most of this problems with
onetimeaccount 0.5.0.

> I plan to upgrade to seminars 0.6 next but want to get this version working
> first.  Any suggestions or ideas?

You need to upgrade onetimeaccount to get this working (and also because
currently only seminars 0.8.x and onetimeaccount 0.6.x are still
supported). Please do this one major seminars version at a time and get
each step working (except for the login issue) before proceeding to the
next one as upgrades across two major versions might fail:

1. seminars 0.6.3, onetimeaccount 0.2.0, oelib 0.4.3
2. seminars 0.7.4, onetimeaccount 0.4.0, oelib 0.5.2
3. seminars 0.8.1, onetimeaccount 0.6.1, oelib 0.6.2

Please also make sure to read the upgrade notes for the corresponding
seminars version before upgrading. Particularly, you need to temporarily
uninstall seminars and onetimeaccount so you can upgrade FORMidable for
step 2.