[TYPO3-project-seminars] use a marker multiple times in HTML template

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Mon Oct 12 10:57:16 CEST 2009

Hi Fred,

Frederik schrieb:
> Is multiple use of markers actually supported?

I guess you're talking about subparts here, not markers.

In our templating system, you can use a subpart multiple times, but the
content will always be the same within the same rendering.

The more technical explanation:

That's because a subpart is a pair of

  name => content.

A subpart's content can also be set from the outside (ie. the view),
which is a feature we use.

When rendering some part of the template, the subparts (including the
subpart delimiters) are recursively replaced with their content. For
that, the templating engine reads the original content of the subparts
and has to decide on one of them as the "official content". :-)

Hope this helps. :-)