[TYPO3-project-seminars] modifying the single view hook

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Fri May 15 18:27:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

Gregor Hyneck schrieb:
> Now I know, what the problem is: some functions and variables
> in class tx_seminars_pi are private (e.g. I need $seminar public in order to call a function of $seminar in my hook class).
> Is there a way to deal with that?

The functions are private because they're not part of the public API of
that function (meaning that they can change even from one version to the
next minor version change).

Instead, maybe your feature makes sense to be integrated into the
official version of the extension?

(Or we could talk about making some functions public. But then again,
pi1 will be split up in 0.9.0 anyway.)