[TYPO3-project-seminars] Seminars 0.8.0beta released
typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Tue May 5 17:11:07 CEST 2009
I've just released seminars 0.8.0beta for testing. You can find the
extension and the necessary oelib version here:
- This is *not* the finished 0.8.0 version, but a beta for testing.
However, it's feature-completed and should be pretty stable. We will
release this version (plus some more bug fixes and polish) as 0.8.0 in a
- You need to update oelib first, then seminars.
- The format of some data has changed. Once you've done the conversion
using the "UPDATE!" function in the EM, you will not be able to go back
- You'll need at least PHP 5.2 and TYPO3 4.2 for running this version.
If you find any bugs, please report them in the bug tracker at
Upgrading from a 0.7.x release to 0.8.x (the full upgrade notes):
Upgrading to 0.8.x will bring you a lot of new features, but it will
also mean a bit of work if you are using custom HTML templates.
You should do the upgrade at a time when there are usually no new
registrations as there might be some configuration check warnings on the
front end until you have finished the upgrade.
1. Make sure you are using PHP 5.2 or greater.
2. Make sure you are using TYPO3 4.2.0 or greater.
3. Update to the latest version of oelib.
4. If you are using custom HTML templates, make a diff between the
provided templates and your templates so you know what you have changed.
(You’ll need to create new templates to make use of all new features. In
addition, your old templates probably will display some garbage on the
front end.) Switch off your custom templates.
5. Upgrade to the new Seminar Manager and upgrade the database.
6. In the extension manager, enable the automatic configuration check
for the Seminar Manager.
7. Run the extension's update script in the extension manager.
(Choose the option “UPDATE!” in the extension's drop-down menu at the
top. If the option is not displayed than you either have already run the
update script or it is not necessary to run the update script on your
8. Clear all caches.
9. Remove the temp cache files in typo3conf (either manualy or via
10. Remove the FORMidable cache files in typo3temp/ameos_formidable.
11. View all pages in the FE that contain anything Seminar
Manager-related. Sign up for an event and check that everything still is
working. If you encounter any errors from the automatic configuration
check, fix the corresponding part of you configuration, clear the FE
cache and reload the corresponding page.
12. Check that the e-mails to the participants and the organizers still
are working and still look like you want them to look.
13. Have a look at the new fields for event records and decide which you
want to use.
14. Move the content from additional times and places to the timeslots
since this field no longer exists.
15. Play around with the configuration values hideColumns, hideFields,
16. When everything is working, disabled the automatic configuration
check in the extension manager.
17. If you are using custom HTML templates: Make a copy of the provided
templates, apply your changes from the diff, enable the custom templates
and test them.
18. Now you’re finished. Or you could start playing with the new
More information about the TYPO3-project-seminars