[TYPO3-project-seminars] Installation and Understanding Problems

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Wed Mar 18 07:10:41 CET 2009

Hi All
The extension is great but again I am struggling with some parts at the
installation or documentation.

   1. I installed the Extension:

   1. Use "General record storage page" = 0
      2. Enable configuration check. = 1
      3. Use the page browser for selecting = 0
      4. Select topic records from all pages = 1
      5. Manual sorting of events = 0

      2. I installed seminars in a full set like described in the tutorial
   and am using the same naming at the moment.

   [PID], STO = Storage Page, not in menu, access restricted.

   Seminars [234 - TS-Template seminars included] Topic List, Category List,
   Countdown to the next event, Event Headline
      - Events [208] Event List
         - Events from 2009 [225] Event List
         - Details [224 not in menu]
         - Registration [223 not in menu] Event Registration
            - Thank You [233 not in menu - show at any login] Text Message
            - Unregister [235 not in menu -  show at any login] Text Message
         - Login [222] Show content from PID 52 (feuserregister+login)
         - More events [230] ???
      - EVENT DATA [209 STO]
         - EVENTS [212 STO]
            - TOPICS [214 STO]
               - FOR PAGE 1 [221 STO]
               - FOR PAGE 2 [220 STO]
            - EVENT DATES [213 STO]
            - EVENT ARCHIVE 2009 [215 STO]
         - REGISTRATIONS [211 STO]
            - CURRENT REGISTRATIONS [217 STO]
               - FOR ORGANIZER A [219 STO]
               - FOR ORGANIZER B [218 STO]
            - REGISTRATION ARCHIVE [216 STO]
         - DATA POOL (speakers, sites ... ) [210 STO]
      - My events [229 - show at any login] My Events
         - Participants [232 not in menu - show at any login] List of
         Registrations (for attendees)
      - My VIP events [228- event managers] My Managed Events
         - Participants [231 not in menu - event managers] List of
         Registrations (for event managers)
      - Events I've entered [227 - event managers] Events which I have
      entered
      - Edit/enter event [226 - event managers] Event Editor

   additional we have

   My Account [52 not in menu] feuser-register + loginbox
   and a loginbox (core) on the rootpage [61]
   GRSP [31]

   3. I inserted the following items in the flexform
   GENERAL
      1. Page that contains the seminar list: Events [208] Event List
      2. Page that contains the detailed view: Details [224 not in menu]
      3. Page that contains the "my events" list: My events [229 - ] My
      Events
      4. Page that contains the event registration form: Registration [223
      not in menu] Event Registration
      5. Page that contains the login form: Login [222] Show content from
      PID 52 (feuserregister+login)
      6. Page that contains the list of registrations (for attendees): CURRENT
      REGISTRATIONS [217 STO]
      7. Page that contains the list of registrations (for event
managers): CURRENT
      REGISTRATIONS [217 STO]
      formal
      8. Startingpoint: EVENT DATA [209 STO]
      infinite

      4. TEMPLATES AND SPECIAL PROPERTIES
   1. File name of the HTML template: (BLANK)
      2. FE user group for event managers: Event Managers (I created this
      group before in GRSP [PID31]
      3. Hide the selector widget in list view: checked (so this block won't
      show up in Frontend)
      4. Use "Price" as column title for the standard price in the list
      5. Use "Price" as heading for the standard price in the single view
      and the registration page: checked - reason same as (4)
      6. Event data that should be displayed on the registration page:
         1. Event number: checked
         2. Title: checked
         3. Accreditation number: checked
         4. Regular price: checked
         5. Special price: checked
         6. Current number of vacancies: checked
         7. Show speaker details: checked
      8. Show site details checked

      5. REGISTRATION
      1. Page that will be displayed after a user has registered for an
      event: Thank You [233 not in menu -  ] Text Message
      2. Send parameters to page which is displayed after registration:
      checked
      3. Page that will be displayed after a user has unregistered for an
      event: Unregister [235 not in menu -  ] Text Message
      4. Send parameters to page which is displayed after unregistration:
      checked

      6. FRONT-END EDITING
      1. FE user group that is allowed to enter and edit events: Event
      Manager [31 GRSP]
      2. Page that contains the plug-in for editing event records: Events
      I've entered [227 - ] Events which I have entered
      3. Sysfolder to store FE-created events in: EVENT DATA [209 STO]
      4. Page to redirect to after saving an event in the front end: Events
      I've entered [227 - ] Events which I have entered

      7. I have created records in DATA POOL (speakers, sites ... ) [210
   STO]

   Speakers, Seminar Sites, Organizers, Event types, Target Groups,
   Categories, Skills

   8. I have created Events in

   9. For better understanding - Please let me know if I am right - Thanks!

   "Then configure the plug-in in your TS template setup or the plug-in
   flexforms"
   I am using flexform to do the PID settings - as in a later export a .t3d
   would change those PIDs automatically according to the new site PIDs, this
   won't happen if I would insert it in TS only.
   The flexform settings overwrite the TS settings made in "Seminars" [234 -
   TS-Template seminars included]

   10. Additional TS settings here are - as there is no setting for this in
   Flexform:

   plugin.tx_seminars.attendancesPID = 217 plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.baseURL =
   http://my.domain.tld/  //??? isn't there already a baseurl setting when
   using realurl or what explizit URL is meant here ??? i.e.
   http://my.domain.dom/folder/seminarrootfolder/ in our case it would be
   PID Events [208] Event List

   plugin.tx_seminars.currency = USD >> There is no ISO3 (like said in
   documentation)!

   1. In GLOBE PID - Currencies (163) - US dollar (id 155)

// If you explicitly don't want to use the online registration feature, set
the next 2 entries to 0
ISO 4217 Nr Currency code: 840
ISO 4217 A3 Currency code: USD
// Enable "Price" instead of "standard price" in Mails
plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.generalPriceInMail = 1
plugin.tx_seminars.enableRegistration = 1
plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.enableRegistration = 1

plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.cssFile = EXT:seminars/pi1/seminars_pi1.css
plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.listView.results_at_a_time = 25
plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.listView.maxPages = 10
=======================

PROBLEMS 1 - attendancesPID

I still get the following error message on all site where I have inserted
the seminars plugin

Configuration check warning:
The TS setup variable *plugin.tx_seminars.attendancesPID* is empty, but
needs to be non-empty. This value specifies the page on which registrations
will be stored. If this value is not set correctly, registration records
will be dumped in the TYPO3 root page. If you explicitely do not wish to use
the online registration feature, you can disable these checks by setting*
plugin.tx_seminars.enableRegistration* and *
plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.enableRegistration*to 0. Please correct the TS setup
variable *plugin.tx_seminars.attendancesPID* in your TS template setup.
When that is done, please empty the FE cache and reload this page.
The configuration check for this extension can be disabled in the extension
manager.

If we have now more than 1 Organizer how can we get that the Event
Registrations for one organizer get stored in the right Registration Folder
of the Organizer - in our case the registrations for Organizer A should get
stored in PID FOR ORGANIZER A [219 STO]
and those Registrations for Organizer B should get stored in PID FOR
ORGANIZER B [218 STO]

========================
PROBLEMS 2 - Currency

"ISO3 code of the currency to be used (XXX not used yet)(taken from the
static_info_tables extension)"

In our TS on Page 234 we inserted the following:
plugin.tx_seminars.currency = USD

The currency is not changing an still displaying EUR instead of USD

and TS in Seminarsroot PID234

plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.generalPriceInList = 1
plugin.tx_seminars_pi1.generalPriceInSingle = 1

or like we did in in Flexform checked the boxes
 - Use "Price" as column title for the standard price in the list view:,
and Use "Price" as heading for the standard price in the single view and the
registration page: -

but where is in flexform (I hope I am right asI guess it is not existing in
flexform, so the value needs to get set in the TS-Template in PID234)

plugin.tx_seminars.generalPriceInMail = 1

========================
PROBLEMS 3 - Timezone

By inserting the de_timezone plugin record in the globe I solved the
timezone Problem

========================
PROBLEM 4 - /td> - Frontend Editing

The template for editing needs a coorection as /td> is showing up after the
editing fields i.e. Teaser Text, Description, Times and Places, Additional
information, Internal Notes

>> By the way it would be nice if this Template could be split in multiple
Pages or using Tabs - especially if you have many categories and different
Target Groups

>> is there a way to enable a RTE in the frontend so that Pictures can be
inserted too?

Also it would be good to have subcategory settings like in a Volks
Hochschule.

========================
PROBLEM 5 - Question Mark "Seminars" under WEB

What functionality has this - here it shows nothing

The - Calendar "S" Events - under Web shows the four Tabs so far and if we
click on a Storage Folder we can see some data, but only the data inside of
this folder. Wouldn't it be better to have all those 4 Data Parts from the
Tabs in one Storage Folder - Why have you chosen your method - perhaps we
miss a thing.

I hope you can answer my questions and have a solution why things are not
working here like described.

Thanks a lot

Andi