[TYPO3-project-seminars] Additional field for email address

Heinrich, Achim, HSZ achim.heinrich at hsz-bw.de
Tue Jun 23 12:27:14 CEST 2009

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for your quick response.

The issue is not that we don't want to use FE user accounts. We take the
FE accounts from a LDAP Server where all persons who are allowed to
register to a seminar are inscribed. These accounts are imported in a
sysfolder using the eu_ldap extension. These imported accounts can then
be used to login at the seminar site (using fe_login) and register for a
seminar. This works pretty well so far.

The problem I have to solve is that the imported FE accounts don't
provide an email-address to be stored in the sysfolder and so no
confirmation email will be sent.

My idea was to provide an additional field in the registration form
where the attendee can enter his email address the system can use to
send the confirmation email to the attendee.

Can you please tell me how this could be achieved? In the manual and in
the mailing list I couldn't find anything about it.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Achim

--

>Hi,
>
>Heinrich, Achim, HSZ schrieb:
>> we want to use the seminar manager in that way that the login
accounts are imported form an LDAP server. But unfortunally the LDAP
server does not supply an email address. So we have the problem to
provide the email address in a different way to send the confirmation
emails to the attendee.

>> But how can we do this? The obvious way to do this seems to provide a
>field where the attendee can enter his email address.
>>
>> Is there a hook to provide an additional email field and make the
system >send the confirmation emails using this address?