[TYPO3-project-seminars] How to add workflow-functionality to seminars

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Fri Jul 17 18:59:12 CEST 2009

Hi Tobias,

Tobias Schaefer schrieb:
> I'm using seminars to organize the publication of and registration to
> internal training courses in my company. I'm wondering if it's possible
> to add a workflow-functionality to the registration process to give the
> chiefs and the personnel board the possibility to approve or decline the
> attendance of an employee.

You could put an e-mail address into the organizer's e-mail field that
will also reach the bosses. When the organizers (ie. also the bosses)
get an e-mail that someone has registered, they can delete or keep the
registration in the BE.

However, this doesn't the following things that might be part of the
workflow:

- different bosses for different employees
- registrations can have one of the stati pending/approved/declined
- participants can see their registration status
- an automatic e-mail to the participant concerning whether their
registration has been approved or not

If you'd like to sponsor some of these features, please let me know. :-)