[TYPO3-project-seminars] csv export; more than 1 checkbox

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Wed Jul 8 13:01:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

Antoine v. Graffenried schrieb:
> only when there are more than one checkboxes are been selected, all the selections are written in the same cell. wouldn't it be great to
> have the selected checkboxes each in a column?

This would result in the number of columns being different depending on
how many checkboxes have been checked. So once you might get a CSV with
20 columns, and at another time a CSV with 24 columns.

This will also make it difficult lining up the columns correctly. Image
a case like this:

seats  checkboxes    interests             notes
1      will be late  theoretical physics
1      like coffee   dislike tea           toy pianos

So in this case, the second (checked) checkbox "dislike tea" would be
placed in the "interests" column, and "toy pianos" would be moved from
the "interests" column (where it belongs" to the "notes" column.

(Note: This is an imaginary example. I haven't checked that this is the
actual order of the columns in the CSV file.)

So this will create a lot of problems.