[TYPO3-project-seminars] Sorting seminars by place

Mark Kuiphuis spam at markyourweb.com
Tue Jan 27 03:42:53 CET 2009

Hi all,

In the backend I am trying to sort the seminars available by 'place'.

If you see the list with all the seminars, you can click on the + sign
behind the Seminars header (List module).

Then we have selected place as one of the extra columns to show. If we
click on place the seminars are sorted by (I guess) ID in the MM
relation table instead of the place title in tx_seminars_sites.

Is there a way to order by the title value in the table tx_seminars_sites.

I already fiddled around with this snippet in the tca.php but
unfortunately I cannot get the right sorting order.

'place' => array(
	'exclude' => 0,
	'label' => 'LLL:EXT:seminars/locallang_db.xml:tx_seminars_seminars.place',
	'config' => array(
		'type' => $selectType,
		'internal_type' => 'db',
		'allowed' => 'tx_seminars_sites',
		'foreign_table' => 'tx_seminars_sites',
		'foreign_table_where' => 'tx_seminars_seminars_place_mm.uid_foreign =
tx_seminars_sites.uid ORDER BY tx_seminars_sites.title',
		'size' => 10,
		'minitems' => 0,
		'maxitems' => 999,
		'MM' => 'tx_seminars_seminars_place_mm',
		'wizards' => tx_seminars_tableReplace($tempWizard, 'tx_seminars_sites'),
		),
	),

I have been changing the foreign_table_where clause, but no satisfying
result (yet) :-)

Thanks in advance,

Mark Kuiphuis